UNT Open Access Symposium 2023 #UNTOA23
The 2023 Open Access Symposium, "Navigating the New Open," will be a collaborative event between the University of North Texas Libraries and the Texas State University Libraries.
It will take place via Zoom on April 14, 2023, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Please save the date!
This year's Symposium will focus on recent federal initiatives supporting Open Science and public access to federally-funded research, including those outlined in the 2022 Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) memo, Ensuring Free, Immediate, and Equitable Access to Federally Funded Research. We will also discuss recent legislation in the state of Texas promoting Open Educational Resources (OER) and course markings for public universities.
The afternoon session will include a panel of faculty who have created or used OER or open textbooks in their courses and an open pedagogy workshop organized by the TXST Libraries.
If you have questions, please contact: email@example.com
Special Thanks to all those who helped plan and organize this event:
- Isabelle Antes, OER Librarian, TXST
- Tricia Boucher, Open Pedagogy and STEM Librarian, TXST
- Whitney Johnson-Freeman, Repository Librarian, UNT
- John Edward Martin, Director of Scholarly Communication, UNT
- Stephanie Towery, Copyright & Open Access Initiatives Librarian, TXST
- Kristin Van Diest, Digital Publishing Librarian, TXST
- Laura Waugh, Assistant Director for Research Data Services, TXST
- Xuan Zhou, PhD candidate and Data Curation Specialist, TXST
And, of course, to all our guest speakers, presenters, and attendees!